A spa retreat sounds heavenly, doesn’t it?
We love when you come see us, but sometimes between work and kids, it’s hard to get away. We wanted to share with you five great tips to manage stress when you aren’t able to make it to our spa! Boost your well-being practically anywhere, anytime!
1. Meditation-On-The-Go: Don’t have a quiet spot to get Zen? You don’t need it. Try mindful meditation, the simple practice of moment-to-moment awareness to quiet the mind and calm the body. Heading out for a walk? Let the rhythm of your footfalls put you in a meditative state.
2. Pay It Forward: Got extra coupons? Offer them to the people in the checkout line behind you. It feels good to do good—and acts of kindness (even mini ones) totally count toward your lifetime karma points!
3. Destress Your Face: People don’t realize how much tension they carry in their jaw. If you clench a fair amount of the time, over the long run it can cause hypertrophy, or thickening of the muscle on the side of the cheek, and change the shape of your face. When you apply moisturizer, gently massage the muscles along your jawline, under your ears, in a circular motion.
4. Take A Power Nap: We can all use one! Your brain needs a breather in much the same way your muscles do when you are working out. There’s definitely a point where overdoing it leads to diminishing returns. A little shuteye clears the fog and reenergizes you to tackle your daily tasks much more effectively.
5. Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff: So many get caught up in the daily stresses of life. Instead of “why me?” How about “what can I learn from this?” Try to adopt that “so what” attitude whenever you feel yourself getting riled up about something. You’ll be amazed at how well it works! Come see us at Amy’s Day Spa in Tampa!