Thanksgiving is one of our favorite holidays. What’s not to love? Food, Family, Food, Fall, Food! Everything about it makes us happy.
We always love a good excuse to celebrate life’s many blessings and that’s what Thanksgiving is all about. We wanted to share a unique and delicious recipe for your Thanksgiving table: Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
• 3 pounds garnet sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
• 3 to 4 Tbsp of bourbon whisky
• 4 Tbsp butter (more or less to taste)
• 4 Tbsp brown sugar (more or less to taste)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Place the sweet potato chunks in a large (5 quart) pot, cover with water. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
2 Drain the cooked sweet potatoes and return them to the pot on the stove. Lower the heat to low. Add the bourbon and the butter to the pot and stir. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add more salt, bourbon, butter, and brown sugar to taste.