We found this spa recipe from the Amarvilas Resort and Spa in India, these twice-marinated butterflied shrimp are baked in the searing heat of an oven. Delicious!
1. 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
2. 1 tablespoon Garlic Paste
3. 1 tablespoon Ginger Paste
4. 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
5. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7. 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp—shelled, deveined and butterflied
8. 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
9. 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
10. 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
11. 1 teaspoon garam masala (see Note)
12. 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
13. 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
14. 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1. In a small skillet, toast the chickpea flour over moderate heat, stirring, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Scrape the flour onto a plate and let cool.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the Garlic Paste, Ginger Paste, lemon juice, oil and a pinch of salt. Add the shrimp, turn to coat and refrigerate for 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt, lime and lemon zests, garam masala, pepper, cayenne, turmeric and chickpea flour. Add the shrimp and refrigerate for 45 minutes longer.
3. Preheat the broiler. Thread the shrimp onto four 10-inch skewers. Broil 2 skewers about 3 inches from the heat, rotating the pan, for 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are just cooked through. Repeat with the remaining 2 skewers and serve.